It is important that all experience be fully documented. Failure to LIST ALL EXPERIENCE FULLY AND ACCURATELY may cause the candidate to be rejected.
PLEASE FILL OUT THE APPLICATION COMPLETELY.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two thousand helicopter flight hours as a FAA certificated pilot.
1. Twelve hundred helicopter flight hours as a FAA certificated pilot and three years of experience piloting Aviation Command’s aircraft may be substituted for the required experience.
2. Fifteen hundred helicopter flight hours, three hundred of which consists of piloting Aviation Command’s aircraft may be substituted for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Naval Aviation Pilot classifications or Rotary Wing Aviator, Pilot, or Pilots/Naval Flight Officers specialty codes in the Piloting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
1. Employees in this classification must possess and maintain a FAA Commercial Helicopter certification.
2. Employees in this classification must possess and maintain FAA 2nd Class Physical certification.
3. Employees in this classification must possess and maintain an acceptable Instrument Helicopter Rating as determined by FAA regulations and required by the MSP Aviation Command.
4. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
The selection process for this recruitment will involve a review of each application. Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be placed on an eligible list in the BEST, BETTER or QUALIFIED category. The list will be used by the hiring manager to select the individual to fill the vacancy. The list will be valid for one year.
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file.
If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online.
Completed applications, required documentation and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Maryland State Police, Aviation Command
3023 Strawberry Point Road
Middle River, MD 21230
Attn: Christina Blake
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
It is the policy of the Maryland State Police to comply with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination and to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
The mission of the Maryland State Police is to serve the people of Maryland and those who visit our State through purposed policing that protects our citizens, prevents criminal acts and traffic crashes, and provides the highest quality of law enforcement services available anywhere. This is accomplished through a network of local barracks and specialized units working in consultation and cooperation with allied public safety agencies to address issues impacting public safety in Maryland and each jurisdiction through an inter-jurisdictional strategy.