Base located in Pine Ridge, SD.
$20,000 SIGN-ON / RETENTION BONUS!
Apollo MedFlight, a growing Air Medical provider, is seeking a full-time Flight Paramedic to join our Clinical team. With bases located in Texas, Oklahoma, North Carolina, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Nebraska, we are always looking for dedicated clinicians to join our team. Our talented workforce is committed to safety and community, providing the best communication and air ambulance support model in the industry.
The Apollo mission is to provide safe, cost effective air medical transport and superior patient care that is available to all in need and to elevate the standard in the air ambulance industry, based upon ethical values and quality service.
Apollo MedFlight provides a comprehensive and competitive benefit package for full time employees including Company Paid Term Life, Health, Dental, Vision, and AD&D insurances. We offer housing benefits, 401(k) and a full array of training and career advancement opportunities.
KEY PERFORMANCE FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate Professionalism and Excellence in all things done when representing Apollo MedFlight
- Treat all people with courtesy and respect
- Practice Teamwork
- Self-Motivated and willing to help out wherever needed
House wide Requirements
- Daily Crew Duties (Peer Reviews, Daily Bag Checks, Narc Accountability, Hanger/ House Duties, Patient Follow Ups, Daily Crew Call)
- Both attendance and instruction of In House CEU's
- Public Relation Events
Provision of Services/Care Standards
- The Flight Paramedic needs to be familiar and comply with standing protocols.
- Provide an environment conducive to safety for patients, families, employees, and other healthcare professionals.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work in a confined and mobile environment.
- Ability to communicate with patients, families, staff, physicians, support agencies, vendors, Airport line men, and others.
- Ability to remain calm during stressful situations.
- Ability to respond to phone calls quickly.
- Ability to evaluate and interpret information and make decisions with a Nurse partner.
- Ability to repeatedly twist, squat, stoop, bend, grasp, use fine hand coordination, push, and pull.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 100 lbs. independently and more with assistance.
- Exposure to infectious organisms, agents, and toxic chemicals.
- Ability to mix own medications, with correct knowledge of proper concentrations
- Lifeport + Sled
- Monitoring Devices (Including but not limited to: LifePack 12 and Zoll Monitor, Glucometers)
- IV Regulatory devices (Including but not limited to: Med System III Infusion pumps, Blood Tubing, 10gtt and/or 60gtt sets, and dial a flow IV tubing)
- Trauma Equipment (Including but not limited to: Tractions, head immobilizers, spinal boards, and c-collars)
- Respiratory support equipment (Including but not limited to: Eagle Vent, BVMs, Nasal Cannulas, High Con Masks, Portable O2 and Large tank O2 bottles)
- Medications (Including but not limited to: Narcotics, ACLS medications, RSI medications, and other medications noted throughout the Standing orders)
- Telephone/ Push to Talk Radios/ Aircraft Satellite Phone
- Computer/ Fax Machine/ Printer
- Zoll charting services
- Others not specified that are deemed necessary for safe patient transport.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, AND LICENSES/ REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- High School graduate
- South Dakota state Certification
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Paramedic in high an acuity setting including a busy 911 service.
- Must obtain BLS, ACLS, PALS and NRP certification within 6 months of hire and must maintain throughout employment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain National Registry Certification at the Paramedic level
- Current Paramedic license for state of practice
- CAMTS approved Advanced trauma course
- FP-C or CCP-C will be required within two years of employment, with the first attempt being within 12 months of employment
- Completion of NIMS 100, 200, 700 and 800 within one year of hire is expected.
- 5 years' experience
Must live in or be willing to relocate to the region.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $33.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Pine Ridge, SD: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- 911/Emergency: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location